Vacuum cleaning is the best and easily the most non-toxic way of getting rid of fleas around the house. Fleas lay eggs on their host, but their larvae and eggs drop on the furniture, carpets, under the sofas and chairs, blankets and so on. So, even if you are using anti-flea medication, shampoos or sprays on your pets, you must also get rid of fleas by vacuuming around the home in order to prevent further infestation. Today, we will consider 10 of the best vacuum cleaners that effectively eliminate fleas, pet hair as well as dander. These can also help you eliminate ticks, mites, dust and other allergens from your surroundings. The vacuum cleaners are ergonomically designed for ease of use under and around furniture to eliminate flea and flea eggs from those areas. All these features make them perfect for use in homes with pets.
The best vacuum cleaner for getting rid of fleas in the house
1. SKG 1500 W Steam Vacuum Cleaner – Best vacuum cleaner under $100 for fleas
Love steam cleaning vacuums but hate chemicals? The SKG 1500 W non chemical vacuum has received rave reviews and is especially designed for pet owners. It deep cleans, deodorizes and removes eggs and larvae of fleas and ticks. It also cleans and eliminates 99% bacteria – so it is like professional vacuuming without the associated high cost. Here are its salient features:
- Sound beeping system alerts you to fill water when the unit gets empty.
- Comes with 6 types of accessories and attachments that can help you get rid of flea and flea eggs behind beds, under cabinets and tables, under sofas, in the bathroom and all other areas where your pet spends time.
- Lightweight design makes it easy to carry around the house.
- Can be used on hardwood floors and carpets.
- The unit comes with washable and reusable microfiber pads.
This robotic vacuum takes away all the hard work that comes with cleaning a home to rid it off fleas. Robovac system comes with a laser and GPS system that methodically cleans each and every corner of the house. It does not bump around damaging your furniture and walls. It has a heavy duty spiral brush that hugs the wall and picks up human and pet hair, fleas, larvae, ticks, mites and other bugs that come when you own pets.
- It has a convenient auto-charge and auto-resume feature. This means that it goes to the charging station and charges itself when it runs out of juice. It also resumes cleaning where it left off.
- Useful for all kinds of floors.
- Perfect for picking hair. Picks up more pet hair than any other vacuum.
- Small enough to clean under furniture.
- Bagless vacuum technology removes allergens, dust, mites, pollutants, pests and particles.
Bissell vacuum cleaners are the best in the industry and thousands of satisfied customers will vouch for them. Fast, easy-to-use and lightweight, Bissell vacuum cleaners can be easily carried over steps, and be conveniently used on upholstered furniture to eliminate human and pet hair, fleas, ticks as well as their microscopic larvae and eggs.
- Powerful patented technology enables long lasting suction.
- Several attachments help you clean over stairs, under furniture and over upholstery.
- Comes with a washable filter.
4. Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum – Corded – Vacuum cleaner under $400
The hygienic bin emptying technology of the Dyson ball multi floor vacuum cleaner allows users to remove fleas and flea eggs without having to dirty their hands. Simply press a button to release the canister which can be easily carried and emptied outdoors. Dyson has subjected this cleaner to 1000s of different tests to ensure that you get the best cleaning action. It is specifically made for pet owners and can be used on different floors. Special attachments can be used on the walls, behind and under the furniture etc to eliminate fleas from their hiding places.
- Filter needs to be cleaned only every 4 months.
- Great suction leaves you with a noticeably cleaner house.
- Light weight, easy to maneuver.
- Best vacuum under $400 to get rid of fleas.
5. Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum – Pet friendly vacuum cleaner under $100
- Arm & Hammer® odor elimination dust bag reduces odors caused by pets.
- Weighs less than 9 lbs which makes it easy to carry on steps and clean each and every room when fighting flea infestations.
- You can use it on bare floors, rugs, carpets, hardwood floors etc to eliminate dander, fleas, mites, ticks, larvae and eggs. It is very easy to maneuver.
- Reduce allergens, dust, dander and pollen by 99% thanks to HEPA filter technology.
Nearly 7000 customers have given the Hoover WindTunnel bagless vacuum cleaner a 5 star rating at the time of writing this review. The Hoover WindTunnel provides continuous powerful suction and is lightweight and easy to maneuver, making it a pleasure to vacuum with. The vacuum cleaner is easy to push and pull and can be used on different types of floors. It efficiently picks up small particles including sand from floors and carpets. It is one of the best ‘home remedies’ to help you get rid of fleas and flea eggs from carpeted areas.
- Picks up dirt, pet fur, fleas and flea debris from carpeted and non-carpeted areas.
- Light weight, trendy color
- Turns very easily to eliminate fleas from nooks and corners.
- Adjustable height makes it easy to get access to all areas.
The Shark Rotator comes with a HEPA filter to minimize allergens in your environment. The rotator technology offers deeper cleaning and the enhanced swivel steering makes it easy to access hard-to-reach areas around furniture.
- Premium pet tools and pet accessories that make it the perfect vacuum cleaner for pet owners.
- Comes with convenient, lightweight design. Its 30 ft cord makes it easier to access large spaces easily.
- Exceptionally quiet operation.
- LED headlights allow usage outdoors and in dark corners.
- Easy to push and pull.
8. Dyson V6 Cord Free Vacuum – Best vacuum cleaner under $300 for pet owners
- The motorized cleaner head provides 20 minutes of cleaning with powerful suction.
- The stiff nylon bristles remove pet hair and ground in dirt. It brings flea eggs and larvae to the top of the carpet or rugs making it easier to get rid of parasitic infestations.
- It is safe for use on carpets as well as hardwood floors.
- Comes with separate charge cord-so you need not mount it.
- At 5 lbs, it is easily one of the best and most lightweight vacuum cleaners to eliminate fleas.
- The brush roller can be easily removed and cleaned.
Soniclean is a German made canister vacuum cleaner that comes with a powerful 1150 W motor for powerful suction. The sealed HEPA filter eliminates allergen, pollen, dander and pet hair as well as fleas, mites and other parasites.
- Quiet operation
- Soft rubber wheels which are safe for use on carpets and hardwood floors
- Easy to remove bags and a powerful suction that picks up everything: pet hair, flea eggs, sand particles etc.
- Comes with various attachments for cleaning lamp shades, curtains, sofas, couches etc.
- Bestselling vacuum cleaner under $300 for eliminating fleas.
10. BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FLFH MAX Lithium Flex Vacuum with Stick Vacuum Floor Head and Pet Hair Brush, 20-volt – Cordless
This portable vacuum cleaner from Black and Decker is easy to use in cars and around the house-and pretty much anywhere else you are fighting fleas. Its powerful suction action works continuously for 20 minutes and noiseless, light weight operation makes it easy to use in and around the home.
- Great for cleaning stairs
- Easy to charge, clean and operate
- Portable device with a flexible hose that lets you easily clean around and under furniture.
- Excellent tool for pet hair removal or quick cleanups etc.
I hope this article makes it easier for you to decide which vacuum cleaner to get next. Remember that your vacuum cleaner is one of the single most important and effective tools for eliminating fleas in your home.