Capstar Flea Treatment for Dogs and Cats is an FDA approved oral pill for controlling fleas on dogs. It promises to kill all adult fleas and the treatment works within 4 hours and is effective on dogs and cats. Capstar flea treatment is safe for use on kittens and puppies above 2 lb body weight and at least 4 weeks of age. It comes as a single box of 6 tablets or 12 tablet value pack.
You can get it on Amazon. Buying from online store like Amazon is usually a lot cheaper than buying it from the vet. Also, you get to avoid cheap knock off products that are designed and packaged very similarly. Make sure you do your homework and always buy products from approved retailers only.
A single dose does the trick!
Each tablet consists of one dose and the pill starts its flea killing action as soon as your pet ingests it.
Remember: the product is only effective for killing fleas that are already on the pet. You will also need to use other flea preventive medication/treatments alongside the Capstar flea treatment, especially if your dog/cat spends a lot of time outdoors.
Using the Capstar flea treatment for best results: You must administer one pill every 2 days until all the fleas are dead. A typical flea hatching lifecycle is 3 days, so it is best to remain regular with the dosage.
Combine it with Lufenuron to create an integrated super effective flea management program.
Main features of Capstar flea treatment
- Capstar is very convenient to administer and can be given easily to the most reluctant pet. You can simply hide it in your pet’s favorite treat.
- It can be safely used for flea treatment for both dogs and cats. This feature makes it convenient for pet owners having both types of pets.
- The pill gives you a 24 hour window period which means that all the fleas die off in a day and you get some breathing space to clean, vacuum and de-flea your home using flea sprays and powders in that time period. Use this time to wash the entire pet bedding, trim your yard and also shampoo the pet using anti flea shampoo. This will ensure the best results.
What customers are saying about Capstar flea treatment
Nearly 1500 reviewers have rated this product with a 4.5 star rating (at the time this review was published) which is a great statistic considering the fact that there are so many products out there. Nearly 1000 reviewers have said the following positive things about the product:
- It works!
- Fleas are gone!
- It does exactly what it says it does.
- Amazing! It really works!
It is obvious that most people who have used the product as part of the ongoing flea treatment are extremely satisfied with Capstar Flea Treatment for Dogs and Cats.
On the downside
There are a few down points to the Capstar flea treatment:
- The product is ideal only for small to medium sized dogs. For stronger breeds, the product may not be enough.
- You have to repeat the dose to ensure newly hatched fleas are killed.
- Considering the cost, and the fact that you need to repeat the dose and use it alongside other products, some reviewers have complained about the price. However, given the fact that other flea treatment products are much more expensive, also bearing in mind that you avoid an expensive trip to the vet, you are actually saving a lot of money.
As can be seen, the product is highly effective and there are very few negative reviews. When used as directed and alongside sprays, shampoos and other flea prevention treatments, you will see significant reduction in flea population, especially in case of very large infestations.
The Capstar Flea Treatment for Dogs and Cats contains FDA approved Nitenpyram. Each pill contains 11mg of Nitenpyram which is a much better flea insecticide compared to others like pyrethrin and organophosphates.
A single dose of Capstar starts the flea killing action.
Flea allergy dermatitis is a very distressing condition that affects flea ridden pets. It can lead to hair loss and even anxiety symptoms in the dog/cat. Capstar is proven to kill all fleas and prevent this condition.
Use this product safely and assuredly to kill adult fleas and prevent many potential health problems.